Monday, January 31, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 37

FARLEY WAS BAPTIZED!
Oh my word. What a beautiful day we had yesterday. From the second we woke until it came time to go to bed. There is much to say but because of time I will just say that the lord is truly preparing the hearts of the children of men for this gospel. We only had a few lessons with Farley and that was all it took. He was converted from the first time he heard the words "fullness of the gospel" We had fast and testimony meeting yesterday because next week is stake conference but Farley and I sat next to each other and he was so fidgety the entire time. I thought, Oh know, I hope he's not getting cold feet. I kept asking him are you ok? "He would just respond with a quick si si. He stopped the second we started singing the closing hymn. After the prayer I asked him what was going on? He said I wanted to get up and bare my testimony. Oh Farley. He is just the very sweetest and its hard not to want to just hug him and tell him how great he is! He really is a remarkable person and I feel as though I had nothing to do with his conversion process. It was soley between him and the lord. I was just allowed to witness the process and for that I will be forever thankful.

Ok I know you are hungry for details and I couldn't be more thankful for your desires to pray for the success of our investigators. Truly there just have been miracles after miracles occur here in the woodlands and I stand in awe at what the lord has done and continues to do for the benefit of his children. Oh how he loves us. Oh how he wants us to be close to him. How thankful I am that he has provided a way if we are faithful and worthy that we can maintain the sweet relationship that we have always had since before the foundation of the world. I love that he never leaves us alone. Whether we're worthy or not. He's right there to send anything and everything that might brings us down into submission so that we can feel of his love. So that we can know of his goodness and tender mercy, that we can know of the plan layed out specifically for us. He just wants us to be happy and he is right there every step of the way, clear skies and stormy weather, giving us all things that are expedient for our good. It is truly amazing.

We are currently teaching 6 families. The Mendoza family and Mendez family are part members but full of potential and we're excited for the them. The Carino family we found knocking and have had some powerful lessons with them. They've all committed to baptism just wont accept a certain date. Little stinkers. We are also teaching the Matzar family, They are beautiful and we're having a lesson with them tonight. A little noche de hogar with the Reyes (members of our ward) We're also teaching Daniel y Jose. They have a date for the 27th of February but didn't come to church yesterday so we'll have to see if they truly have a desire. We're also teaching a new family, I don't know the last name but the mom is Reyna and the dad is Jose. That was a powerful first lesson and the son (Juan) was just over in the corner flipping through the book over Mormon the entire time and kept hitting his brother and showing him passages that he'd found. It was amazing. He had many questions after the lesson. We went over for our next cita and she said she'd call us. We're not losing hope yet. It was too good for them to just fall off the face of the earth. We're also teaching a women named Angela. She knows its true she is just scared to tell her husband. We asked if we could talk to him and she keeps telling us no. Its going to be really hard for her though if her husband is not in on it with her. Its all about the family! Two of our less active families came to church yesterday! And stayed the whole time! It was a huge success and a beautiful sight. We have been praying for them and visiting them for awhile. We have a few more people that we are teaching but we're going to have to see. We don't know if there is a whole lot of desire there. Each of our investigators have commited to be baptized once they know that its true. Its just getting them to act. To read the book of Mormon, pray to know that its true, and coming to church. However, I've seen enough miracles throughout my mission to not doubt that the lord will provide the way.

To answer dads question. Yes, we are very close to the temple. It doesn't change the frequency of how often we get to attend. Still once a transfer and I treasure every minute of it. From the second we drive through gate until the end when we get to walk around the temple grounds for a bit. Its all just sweet and sacred and if the opportunity were there to attend once a week I would take it crying tears of joy. A piece of heaven right here on earth. Wow. I love the temple.

Um... What else can I tell you. I'm sorry this is getting really long and probably boring if you're not my mom and dad. Ha. I'd better say goodbye but I just want to express my love for the gospel. The sweet gospel of Jesus Christ. The incredible opportunities that we have because of the knowledge that we've been given. The opportunities to learn and to progress. That its never ending. That there's always more. And there will always be more. I'm so thankful for the incredible experiences that we're given each day to become better. We get to follow the example of our savior and try to be more like him! How wonderful is that?! Could there be anything better?! Plus, we get our families with us every step of the way! Forever and ever. Oh my. I just cant express in adequate words the gratitude I have for the wonderful plan that has been prepared for each of us. The beautiful and great sacrifice of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. For temples. I thankful for temples. For the promises and blessings that are made and given. I love you all and hope that you're happy and full of faith and hope for the promised blessings of the lord to his faithful. You're all so faithful! Just keep going and you'll land yourselves right smack dab in the beautiful mansions of the celestial kingdom prepared especially for you. Love you Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment