Friday, October 1, 2010

Thoughts from Lindsey

"I have loved reading it's (Book Of Mormon) pages every morning. I often times feel inadequate as I read of the faith of Alma and the Sons of Mosiah, Moroni and Helaman, the 2000 Stripling Warriors; Wow, pretty incredible. Solid men. Solid Women. I love the formula that Ammon gives in Alma 26:21 - 22. Please look that up when you get a chance. I love this book; every word of it! It has brought thousands, millions, to the truth. Alma 37:9. This record has been used, read, searched and loved since the birth of page 1. "By small and simple means are great things brought to pass." I'm so thankful for the Lord's tender mercies over all of his children. For his long-suffering and patience. Oh, how many times have I felt so lost because of iniquity and transgression. Hopeless. But Jesus Christ has shattered the chains which so easily bind us down. He has broken the chains of death! There aren't words to express the feelings of gratitude and love that come when true repentance is made. When that guilt and anguish is lifted. Only the Savior can heal us from ourselves, only he can wash away the mess we have made. Along with any other feeling of sorrow, sadness, hurt or pain that is certain to come to each of us in this mortal sphere of toil, trial & testing. He did it! He accomplished what no one else could. He paid the infinite price that was necessary for all of Heavenly Father's children to have a chance to rise again and come into the presence of our Creator. How thankful I am for each of you, for your testimony of Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful for my family! I love you and pray for you.
Love,

Lindsey (Lou)

No comments:

Post a Comment