Monday, October 4, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 21

FELIZ CUMPLIANOS A TI FELIZ CUMPLIANOS A TI FELIZ CUMPLIANOS MI MAMASITA FELIZ CUMPLIANOS A TI!! Happy happy birthday mother dear, happy days will come to you all year, if I had a wish than it would be........ a happy happy birthday to you from me! Wow, my sweet mother, Another year wiser, another year sweeter (if that's possible....) Another year closer to more grand babies! Too too fun! Are you happy!? Are you strong? Hello, you're up and running again. I'm certain that cant be too healthy but you're pretty determined... once you get your mind set on something that's the end of the argument. You just go and run your little legs off all you want! Its your birthday. You can do whatever you desire that is good. Have at it! I hope Carlee is making you a fun meal. Choppin up her amazing lettuce and turning it into a beautiful salad. Take a picture and send it to me:) I miss all the colorful salads! She's a cute little wife now! That means shes a cook! It just comes with the title of Wife.... ha. Oh dear, I wish I could have a party with you. I want to laugh and celebrate with everyone. I want to celebrate the day my mom was born! I will do the best I can in Houston. Just know that I am treasuring up every sweet memory I can think of that includes you. What a treasure you are. Really Truly. You're just a joy and I want you to know that there will be blessings beyond anything you can imagine come your way because of the good works you have chosen to perform here in this life. I know that you've already partaken of some of those sweet fruits. They'll continue to come as your kids get older and have their own little kiddies. Aren't we so thankful for families?! For loving families that want to be together forever. I didn't realize how many people there are that don't even care for that blessing. That shun the very thought. Oh its so sad and it makes me sick at times, but I always walk away with a greater appreciation and love for the family I was born into and the binding covenants made that allow us to extend beyond this life and into the greatest gift our Heavenly Father has to offer us, Eternal Life and Exaltation. I love you sweet mother.
Ryan! Yay! You're playing football! Woowee! You go get em. I know people say you should focus on basketball but really you just just enjoy every sport in every season. Aye, maybe I shouldn't say things like that. I don't know?... I'll write you a little later and hopefully you'll write back so I can get a little more information on how you're feeling in school, sports, and life. Let me know ok:)
Well I wrote You a little letter explaining all about this last week. Or maybe that was Lance.... I forget. This week was probably one of the toughest so far. Reality of the wickedness of the world came crashing down fast and hard. It hasn't been the funnest or greatest but it has been eye opening an we are being more careful about who we talk to and when we talk to them. My companion and I spent all day in the hospital yesterday with one of our investigators. Oh I just balled and balled my eyes out last night. I was so angry and so hurt. A flood of emotions kept hitting me left and right. It was then that I wished I didn't have such a sensitive little heart. I wished I had my dad there to hold me speak words of comfort. I'm so thankful for the power of prayer, for the conduit to heaven, and the holy ghost who consoles and heals. What a blessing it is to be able to kneel down in any situation great or small, and speak directly to our heavenly father. This has been my saving grace my entire life and has saved me a lot of grief in times past. I know the mission isn't going to get any easier but how thankful I am for the help of the lord in lifting burdens so that we cant even feel them upon our backs. It is true, I have felt the power and the love the lord has for each of his children.
Dad, thank you for your sweet email to Lance and I. Thank you for you encouraging words with my Spanish. I don't have a sure knowledge that it will come quite yet but I do have the faith and this will have to suffice until I see improvement. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon! Dad, thank you for loving my mom with the purest love that you're capable of in this life. How thankful I am for each of you and the charity you have for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment