Monday, October 11, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 22

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCCALLY!
Thank you for your sweet letter! The work is going great! Everything is going great! My companion is great! Once again we are very different but it works out perfect and we are learning much from eachother! Thank you for your encouraging words of love and support. Thank you for your prayers and for you thoughts. I wish I could express to you the power in them. This week I have felt each one be answered as I've had experiences that are heaven sent.
Miguel is still listening to the message but it is hard work to find him home. He will never set a certain time to meet with us, instead he says if i'm home great! If not, maybe another time.... (silly man) but atleast he hasn't completely closed the door:)
Really, all in all things are going just great! We have another progressing inverstigator named Luis. He is wonderful! We were teaching him at a members (inactive member) home and at the end of our last lesson we invited him to come to church. He said no because he didnt have anything "appropiate" to wear. The ward member immediately said great! We'll go buy you a white shirt and tie right after this. I almost cried. If you could see where this man lives, what he has, (or lack thereof) this tender act of service was a rather large sacrifice for him. They both showed up to church the very next day with smiles on their faces and stayed the entire time. Too sweet.
What a wonderful time this is! I couldnt be more thrilled to be here in the service of the lord. I can always be doing better but that is the miracle of the atonement! I love each of you with all of my heart and pray for your happiness and success in everything you desire which is good. Love you Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment