Monday, August 30, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 16

Mondays Mondays Mondays. Wow they certainly do come quick don't they:) I hope to have a little more time this morning to write a few words. I received a letter from Lance and Heather this week! I wont say that's was the highlight of the week but It was certainly up there. Thank you thank you both. Its been a long time since I've heard from my brother and every word thrilled my soul! Heather, As always, every word and thought you have penetrates deep into my heart and often sparks a thought or an impression that leads to a great experience here on the mission. I love you and will hand write you both a little later on today.

This week has been incredible and spiritually filling. Thoughts of wonder and questioning if I am worthy to be here and not uncommon. Zone Conference with Elder Kikuchi and his sweet wife was an experience I will never forget. He spoke with power and authority that not many people witness in their lives. His spirit shook every person in the room and there is no denying that he is a special witness of Jesus Christ. Every word out of his mouth reminded me of my grandpa Hammond, and again, feelings of gratitude and an overwhelming sense of love came pouring over my soul. Tears could not be kept in. I believe that was the case for most of the missionaries at the conference. He spoke of the healing power of our lord and savior Jesus Christ and the peace that comes in being obedient and clean. We talked about the simplified curriculum which was also incredibly powerful. We talked much of the time of Joseph Smith and the first vision. We talked about why we bring the gospel to families. There were many reasons spoken of but the ultimate goal and blessing of the gospel of Jesus Christ was to go to the temple and make those sacred covenants with our heavenly father that allow us to be sealed for time and all eternity as a family. That is the blessing of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Its an incredible time to be alive. To be a direct witness of the gathering of Israel. I testify that the lords work is being done. That we are in the last dispensation, the fullness of times. That we are gathering the lords elect to help prepare the way for the second coming of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that all three members of the godhead are incredibly involved in every aspect of this work. There is nothing like repentance. I know that we can feel the healing power of the atonement in our lives. I know that there are incredible truths and hidden treasures that are waiting for those that align their will with the lords and who make their paths straight. I know that there is only one way to a peace of conscience and ultimate happiness in this life and it is through our savior Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I've had to be here and I pray that I can be worthy of the blessings that the lord has prepared for those that love him.

Grandpa and Grandma, Elder Kikuchi and his wife say hello and they wanted me to tell you that you are missed and that they hope you are doing well. It was so cute, when Elder Kikuchi said Hammond his little wife looked up quickly and with a great big smile on her face she said Oh I love Bonnie! haha I laughed. They were sweet sweet people, full of love. How incredible that you both had the opportunity of working so closely together.

Well my time is gone but I just want each of you to know that I love you and that this gospel is indeed true. Every little bit of it. The book of Mormon is gods incredible tool in bringing to pass this great and marvelous work. I stand in awe at the way it has come about. I'm so thankful to be apart of it and I pray that I don't offend the spirit and miss opportunities to share the gospel. I thank each of you for all that you do and hope to hear from you soon!

Mom, Don't stress out about Carlee's wedding. The celebration is over and done with so quickly, it just not worth getting flustered. She's getting married in the temple and that's all that matters. That's what will last forever. I love you and hope to have time today to write you a quick note! Love you Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment