Monday, August 16, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 14

Wow! What a fun week it has been to hear from so many members of my family! Carlee- You must have been inspired to send that little recorder my way. I cant tell you the feelings that enveloped me when I heard the voice of so many loved ones on the other side of the recorder. Thank you thank you! I cant thank you enough! Thank you all for you sweet words of encouragement and love. Thank you to the Hammonds for their sweet notes! Wow, I cant believe how big everyone is getting! I know I haven't been gone that long but It seems like yesterday that Mccall and I were naming our dolls after the new babies Megan and Haylee. Haha too funny. Now they are all grown up, dominating in soccer and everything else! Wow. Todd and Noelle, thank you for the standard you've set in raising your sweet children in truth and righteousness. There is nothing that brings more happiness into the home than parents who honor their covenants and teach by example and by love.
I had the opportunity to speak at a baptism yesterday right after church about the Holy Ghost. It was the sweetest program! These two little boys who had just turned eight, making their first covenant with the lord. I was a little nervous before getting up because the entire ward had stayed after to attend. So the program was held in the chapel. I said a little prayer and immediately my grandma Hammond popped into my head. I thought of all the times that I could remember she had gotten up to speak and the way she just builds and loves and laughs and glows. There's power in building and loving others. I was a bit overcome and by the time I walked up to the front the tears began to come. Brandon, Zachary, and I talked about the times they had felt the spirit in their lives and what it felt like. We talked about all the gifts of the holy ghost and how he will be your best friend all through your life. We talked about how much our father in heaven loves us. That he sends us this perfect helper, the holy ghost. We talked about David and Goliath, Daniel in the lions den, Nephi getting to the promised land, Ammon and the lamanites, Abinidi and wicked king Noah. We talked about what we could do to always keep him with us. Obeying our parents, reading our scriptures, saying our prayers. Oh it was tender. I'm so thankful for the holy ghost in my life! I dont know where any of us would be without him! Well, we'd simply be lost. I know many of us have felt that in our lives. Its a sad, lonely time and a bit of a dark time. I'm so thankful for the light and joy the holy ghost brings into our lives. The illuminating truths that he whispers and confirms. I'm so thankful for the mysteriess that he unfolds line upon line to those that seek and desire to know. I'm so thankful for the house of the lord on earth, where we can not only go to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity but where we can go to learn. Learn more and more. Drinking deeply of the beautiful truths our father in heaven has to offer if we will keep and honor our covenants. We never stop learning. Always progressing. There is so much happiness to be had in this gospel! In the temple, in our sweet families that never end. What an incredible blessing our father in heaven has given us, to feel that love in a world that is a bit unstable and scary at times. I'm so thankful for the education that comes from the holy ghost. I'm so thankful to be a part of this chuch, to be born into the convenant of celestial marriage by two people who love and honor eachother and continually try to be better each day. I cant think of a better gift for children. My sweet mother and father, I love you with my whole heart and I cant thank you enough for your sweet testimonies and righteous desires. There is nothing like this work and I'm so thankful to be apart of it. I pray that it never ends. That I can come home and continue in the work of the lord forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment