Monday, August 2, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 13

Wow wow! Carlee Faye! Wow! Too Too exciting! Haha talk about beaming! I'm beaming! I couldn't be more thrilled! I love Tim! What an exciting time for both of you! How thrilled I am to know that you will be more than well taken care of. That you will never have to wonder about where he's headed or what the end goal is for both of you. What an amazing pair you two are. Will you just love him and serve him with all of your heart and soul?! Take good care of him and treat him like the king that he is. What a thrill for you! My dear sister, how I love and cherish you. How I pray and think about you. I'm so happy for you and want you to know how great you are. Even the best! Congratulations to the both of you! I cant wait to see pictures;)

Melanie! Thank you thank you for your sweet letter of encouragement and love! I'm sure you know from having had two missionaries out how much those letters are appreciated and more often than not the fuel needed to stoke the fire. I love you and am so happy to find everyone in your family doing so well. How exciting for both Matt and Carlee to be starting this chapter in their lives with people they love and cherish. I couldn't ask for anything more for my family. I'm so happy for both of them:)

Well this week has been great! We have found and are teaching six new investigators! Four of them have committed to be baptized once they have come to know the truth of what we are teaching. This last week we invited all six of them to come to church multiple times with little follow up reminders as well;) Each of them said they would, so clearly you can imagine our disappointment when not one of them showed up on Sunday. Ouch! As we were singing the sacrament hymn one of our sweet little investigators (who we were about to drop) came walking in with her entire family! (She is not part of the six) Oh I could have cried! It was the sweetest sight! I hope this is the start of great things to come for this family. My companion and I went and waited in the hallway once again in hopes that one of the six might show up. Just as the sacrament was ending we turned to go back into the meeting. We heard someone calling for us and turned to see that is was Jorge. A boy we have been working on for about two months. It was his first time to church and an absolute miracle that he was there! He is not one of the six either. The Lord works in mysterious ways and hardly ever in the way that we plan or think. Clearly.... Ha. I was so thrilled to see so many members go up to La Familia Sandoval and Jorge after the meeting ended. Each of them felt welcomed and more than loved. Jorge stayed all three hours and said that he loved it! "Everyone is so happy" were his words. He mentioned after church ended that even though he felt like he was doing everything right in his life, keeping all of our commitments, saying his prayers, reading his scriptures, giving up drinking all together, that he felt his life was getting harder and felt that more and more trials were arising. Just as he said this the bishop was walking by and overheard what he was saying. He stopped and bore a powerful witness of the truthfulness of the gospel. He told him about Satan and how is wants all men to be miserable like he is. He shared with him his conversion story when he was 22 years old and how right when he truly wanted to know if the church was true all problems started to arise. He said that when you get serious about this work so does Satan. It was powerful and just what Jorge needed to hear. I'm so thankful for the timing and tender mercies of the Lord. He is right in the middle of his work and leads and guides it every step of the way. How blessed I am to be the witness of so many great miracles. I love being a missionary and am honored by the opportunity given to each of us to be servants of the lord and his children here on earth. How blessed we are! Thank you for your continuous prayers for the missionaries and the work of the lord. I love each of you with all of my heart and hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment