Monday, July 26, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 12

Wow! I thank each of you for your sweet emails. Haha I'm sorry if this is a little short but there Isnt a whole lot of time... I was so thrilled to hear from Lance. I'm hesistant to send him anything because I dont think he'll have time to read it but I'll for sure write him a letter:) Thank you thank you for your words of encouragement and love. Knowing that the missionaries have so much support brings an added sense of excitment and urgency to the work. Knowing that youre never alone, that we are being prayed for on both sides of the veil and that we are enganged in the greatest cause that has ever been brings added power and strength to our efforts. I thank and love each of you dearly. Well my word what can I tell you? I've never been happier in all of my life! Life is indeed full for me right now and each day is another exciting adventure. Three of our top investigators didnt show up ot church on Sunday and when we called after to see what happened they canceled their appointments. Needless to say It didnt bring feelings of joy but after trackting for a while and running into the sweetest family who is excited to learn more about the gospel it replaced any feeling of discouragement and we are excited to invite them to make and keep commitments that will lead them to the waters of baptism and making and keeping covenants. We also knocked into a family that welcomed us in with open arms! They dont belong to a church but they love the bible and have done their homework on many religions. Wow, I was a little intimidated at first because of all that they knew. They had a couple bad experiences with attending the "mormon" church and I hope to clear away any wall that they may have built up. They are open to learning more about anyones beliefs and for that I am thankful. They have the most beautiful little girl named Mia. She is two and always gives us a kiss on the cheeck before we leave. The dad is black and the mother is hispanic and Mia is a beautiful mix of them both. They also have two older boys but they are from her former marriage. There is much more to say but we will all sit down together soon and talk about all the things we have witnessed that Lord has done and continues to do in the lives of his children. I love each of you and cant thank you enough for you prayers! Grandma Hammond! Thank you for you sweet letter to Elder Porter and I. As always your words bring comfort and peace and they keep me going. I love you dearly and hope you and Grandpa are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment