Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lance: Letter 2

Dear family,

I don’t know if this works…but if it does…how is everyone, eh??? I haven’t heard from anybody sice a few days before I left the MTC (except that phone call). I love San Jose!! I actually live in a town called Cupertino. I love the mission, I want to do this for rest of my life! I don’t know what questions you have, so ya. We moved out of our old apartment into the biggest dump! The missionaries before us left everything in it. The sink was full of the nastiest food and dishes, there was trash everywhere, and flies and spiders. No one had been there for at least a month or two. So we cleaned…and cleaned…and cleaned. No problem though, it’s muy bien now! I have oatmeal with apples and pears every morning and eggs and toast for lunch. Then the members feed us dinner. Every meal has been so tasty! We’ve talked to all kinds of people. One girl wanted to save us. Ha Ha!

The mission is everything I thought it would be; so I haven’t been disappointed in the least. I love it! We have a bench set in our new apartment, so that’s nice but we’ll probably have to give it back to the Tongans that lived here last. Missionary work is the most important work we can do and we are doing it! I love talking to people! The spirit lets me be real with them and also be spiritual at the same time. You can’t just go to the door and be a machine. We have to understand them and love them. The Lord has blessed me more than I deserve; way more, it’s almost overwhelming. I am so weak, I am nothing. I am as the dust of the earth, even a sinner, then why am I so blessed? I’ll never know, maybe it’s from all of your prayers? Who knows, but I am forever indebted to my Savior. I declare to you that I know Jesus is the Christ. I know He lives, he like his father has a body of flesh and bone as tangible as the bodies we have. He bled from every pore, he suffered beyond comprehension. He was bruised for our iniquities and crucified for our salvation. He arose on the third day, a resurrected glorified being. Many felt the wounds in his hands, side and feet; they felt the endless mercy. Always remember Him!

I love you all and I pray for you constantly.

I’ll write again, soon!

Love,

Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment