Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lance: Letter 3

July 20, 2010

Dear Porters in St. George,

How is everyone?! I’m sorry about the mix-up on what website to use, the only one I knew was g-mail. Ha, ha, that won’t happen again! Sorry. Well, what can I say? Hmm..... Oh,... we had TWO BAPTISMS on Saturday!!!! I never taught them but they’re in our ward so we got to set it up. They are just kids; one is 12 and the other 9. I had the opportunity to confirm them in front of the whole church, it was sweet. Their grandma helped them. Their mom is not a member and the dad is less active. I didn’t find your e-mails until today - so, so, sorry. San Jose has the best weather; you'd love it! About 60% of the people here are Chinese, 30% Indian and 10% White. More than half don't even speak any English so we communicate the best we can. Once again, I'm slow at typing and hard to understand… but I love the mission and I love the Gospel. Elder Engh is from Salt Lake and is white as can be. He kind of keeps to himself about the work but he'll definitely let you know if he has a problem with someone else – ha, ha! I try to act interested. He's taught me tons about planning, calling people and staying updated on everything; but as for changing peoples’ lives..., the Lord has taught us both. Elder Engh says this is the most success he's ever had on the mission. I hope it stays good, ha. You are all so awesome! There's absolutely zero time to write letters and almost no time to type them, so please don't be disappointed if you don't hear from me frequently. We're teaching the Gospel like crazy, but also trying to help people and relate to them which I think is the biggest key to having success. Oh, did you hear from any of the missionaries I told you about? And tell my friends....(girlfriends) to write me or something!! Ha, ha, just messing! I need to focus! Alrighty then, I'll talk to you soon. Peace!

Love,
Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment