Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lance Letter 8.3.11

Hola Mi Familia!
Wow, this week went by so quickly! We are continuing to teach Sergio Roman the Gospel and are preparing for his baptism on Saturday night at 6pm. Sergio asked me to baptize him. I feel so overwhelmed with the many blessings the Lord has given me. Although Sergio still has a smoking problem, I feel confident that the Gift of the Holy Ghost will comfort him and help him along the way. We will go over to his house tonight and give him a blessing.
Like I said before, this week went by way too fast.....I guess this is where the mission starts to pick up the pace and just fly!
My new companion, Elder Annias, is so great and is excited to be here. He has ADHD and OCD and is super awkward with people but I still love him to death. I have so many imperfections that I've had to realize being with Elder Annias and I'm really learning the Christ- like attribute of 'Patience' ha,ha! I"ve been out a year and I still feel so new and inexperienced.
Everything sounds great at home and I'm happy that everyone remains busy and productive. Tons of stuff is happening here, and I am so excited to be apart of it. Working shoulder to shoulder with the Lord is the most uplifting work and experience anyone can ever ask for. The Lord is working miracles and I'm blessed to be a witness of them; also very humbled. I love this work! I love the mission! I love the Gospel and all that appertains to it. It is centered on the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ and it is what we teach and invite people to do... We invite all men and women to come unto Christ and rely on His blood, shed for them in Gethsemane and on Calvary; that they might be saved in the Celestial Kingdom of the Father. What a calling and privilege we as members of this church have, to share this message Boldly to all the world! I love it, I live for it, and will live for it; forever!
I love and miss you just as much but the 'missing you', worry and your lack of presence is swallowed up in Christ and I am filled with His love, assurance and confidence that you are all well and safe. I love you my dear family and may the Lord bless you as you go throughout this week.
Love Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment