Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lance Letter 8.16.11

Mom,
You are so great! Thank you for everything you do. We just got back from a Zone Conference with a General Authority, Elder Gavarett? I think that was his name. He personally interviewed a couple of missionaries and I was blessed to be one of them. He met Grandpa Hammond in Bolivia a long time ago and he loves him! Ha, ha! Who doesn't?!
We taught Sergio a few more times and he IS getting baptized on Saturday, which is a huge blessing!
I Love Elder Annias. He is Excited to get Baptisms'; so we're working hard to do so. We are talking with everyone we pass on the street and inviting everyone to come unto Christ. It's so sweet!
I get letters from Lindsey a lot. She is doing good. She's finishing strong. Only a month or so left! It will be fast. Honestly, it has been so great serving with my sister as missionaries for the Lord. She has given me so much support, just like you have. The mission is so much easier with the Love and support of your family.
Life right now is good. A little stressful, but hey; that's what life is! Elder Annias is wonderful but I babysit a lot. His mind is 7 years old. It's funny. Before I was blessed to be with him, Pres. Watkins took the Zone Leaders and me aside and just wept. He told me I was in for it! Ha, ha. He said, "This will be the hardest thing you will ever do in your life, and you can do hard things." He then asked me if I was willing. Of course I will never turn down a calling. Being With Elder Annias has been one of the greatest things I've ever been through. I have learned so much about myself and what I need to improve on. I receive help from a great District who are patient. We go to counseling every week for Elder Annias, so we are progressing.
I Love this work and it is work! I can't express to you enough how much I love teaching and serving others. Drawing souls unto Christ has led me to Him and will do so forever. I love the Lord. I know He is disappointed in me at times, but His pure love lifts me up upon the highest mountain and the tallest tower. He is my Savior and Redeemer. I will forever be indebted to Him. All I have to give him is my will and my all so why Hold Back?
I love you all and can't express enough my love to you!
Thank you,
Love, Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment