Monday, August 22, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 60

Hi momma!
How are you? It sounds like everyone is doing well! I can't believe Carlee is starting another year of school ALREADY. Isn't crazy how fast time goes by? Lance just sent me a letter! oh my word. I can't tell you what a relief it was to hear from him. I try to write him every week. I know he is super busy and can't respond back for awhile but it is so good to get a letter every now and then, even if they're just little notes. Isn't he great? Don't we have a great family? I love each of you more than I can express and I pray that everything is going well. How is it having Paige and Bryce there at the home? I'm certain that you're enjoying every min of it. Heather sent me a few pictures from Paiges Blog and it was an absolute delight to see them. They are getting so so big! Haha, she sent the picture of Lucy trying to lift Logan up onto the cupcake. Oh my word, I laughed until I cried. That was hilarious! Tell me one more time why they had to leave Michigan? Their birthdays are coming up so so soon! Tell them there is a card on its way.
Everything is going extremely well. Wes is doing great! He's just excited about everything he is learning. We are teaching a man named Juan Carlos. He is amazing. I love him. He has tons of questions about the book of mormon and authority and lots of other things. I pray that he really is interested in finding the truth instead of proving it wrong. We're teaching him tonight so we'll see:) We also recieved a referral from one of the recent converts who I taught in Woodlands. His past girlfriend has been asking him about the change that has come over him and what has caused it. He asked her if she really wanted to know and she responded Yes! I really do! He told her that the missionaries are going to have to tell you. So at the baptism of Humberto Castillo he gave us her information and basically wished us luck. We're going over there tonight at five. I'm excited!
Xiomara is progressing rapidly and just excited as ever to be baptized. She really has the most amazing spirit and I'm thrilled to be one of the lucky ones to know her here in this life. I can't wait for all of you to get to meet these people! I don't know when it will be but it will be a sweet day.
Rafael, well, I don't really know what to say about him...? I can tell you with one doubt in my mind that he will be baptized. I just can't give you a date. I don't know that I'll be here to see it but he better call me and tell me. I'll do all I can to fly back here and witness it. I love Rafael. He's an amazing person. Just a little slower to act. Maybe my prayers aren't strong enough. Maybe the lord has a different plan.
Mina. Mina Mina Mina. She just barely switched jobs and will be working every Sunday morning from now on. Sunday morning is church. Sunday is the sabbath day. There is everything wrong with that. It's interesting that we had to keep pushing the date back. Both Hermana Casaday and I were confused about why that was. Now we understand a little more. She just doesn't really get it yet. I don't think she's ready for baptism. She will be but once again, It may take some time.
All is going well. We're happy and healthy and loving the work. I wish I had more time to write a few experiences but maybe later today I'll get to sit and write a little letter. I love you all with my whole soul. Be strong. Open your mouths. Pray more fervently for the lords guidance and direction in your life. He loves you and is aware of you and can use you if you will let him. The gospel is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment