Monday, June 27, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 55

Hello Momma! How are you?! To answer your question about when I'm coming home. I'm a little nervous to set anything in stone at this point for fear that the lord may have other plans within the next month so as far as shruggin of the shoulders goes, I'm right there with you:) You just keep on shruggin and I will do the same until the lord makes me decide. Would you call that Procrastination....? More like I just don't want to think about it until I absolutely have to.
Hermana Jenny Bullock came into town on Friday. Oh my word, I missed her. She and her parents got permission from president to take me and my new companion out to lunch. What a sweet time that was. I love her dearly. She seems to be doing great! I know that she misses the mission like crazy but she has continued faithful and is no less of a missionary now than she was a couple of months ago. She's a delight and will continue to be throughout her life.
My new area! I love it! I loved it the second I hugged my companion for the first time. What a special person she is. Truly and honestly, one of thee most patient people I have ever come into contact with. What a blessing she is in my life. There have been a couple of instances where she's had to exercise that patience more than she would like I'm sure but she's handled me like a champ. We get along beautifully and just laugh and laugh. Oh my word, she is hilarious! I was rolling on the floor laughing so hard the other night as she told me a story about the MTC. Please, don't let me forget to tell you one day. Hahaha. You will die. I died! She is so excited about the work and ready to get out and baptize the world and that is just what we are going to do! We had two investigators come to church yesterday and it was a sweet experience. Hermana Casaday thrilled beyond words. She's been here six weeks and has not yet had one investigator come to church so it was a great day!
We have a few people that we are working with at the moment. Weceslao, Mina, and Jose Ortiz. They are our top 3 progressing investigators. Oh how I love them! We told Weceslao that we would come to his home on Sunday so that he could follow us to church. Sure enough, the second we pulled into his coldasac there he was, waiting in his truck, ready to go. What a sweet man with a celestial heart. I love him dearly. Turns out his battery was dead when he tried to start up the engine so we were so thrilled to be there to help him jump it with some cable cords. He loved it and I believe he will be baptized soon. Mina is a member referral and is so excited to be baptized. She is about 60 years old. She doesn't really understand that there are certain things she needs to learn before getting into the water. She doesn't have a lot of time to meet with us but that is ok. We'll figure it out! Jose Ortiz. Oh boy. Jose is just sweet. He loves his Savior Jesus Christ and think any religion that preaches his name is the right one. Its going to take a little more time with him but he is happy to have us in his home. That is a start.
I wish I had more time to email you but I'm afraid time is not on our side here on the mission. There is never enough of it. I'm so thrilled that you get to go to Nauvoo! That will be too fun. Enjoy every second of it. I too am a little nervous about Ryan. You tell him to read his scriptures and say his prayers every morning and night and he will have the armor needed to combat the temptations of Satan and his crew. Please tell him to be safe and wise. Know that he is a smart boy and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his chances of serving a mission. Oh what a sad boy he would be.
Please have a wonderful week and know that all is well here in Houston Texas. A little hot but very very well:) I love you all and will talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment