Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lance Letter 5.31.11

Thank you for every one's love and letters.
Dang, 20 years old...........it does not feel like it. The way my body is and the stamina i have one might think i was 65. I'm beginning to question.
Mom ye need not fear, your son is in good hands. Jimmy (drug dealer) Is the nicest person in the world, Just a little miss understood. We taught him the Plan Of Salvation last night and he said "it makes sense" and that he "believes it". "Of course it makes sense!" I said to him. He said It seemed familiar.
Well next week is transfers and its like 50/50 if i go or stay. There truly is not a better area in the mission. I wish i could stay here the rest of my time, but the Lord might have other plans. I have found such a great need to be in a hurry and to do everything you can to build the kingdom of God where you are, because there is just no time to just sit and do nothing!! That is how the Jackson's have been from day one since they've been here and i hope the missionaries will stay purpose driven and spirit directed as the transitions from different presidents will take place.
We had a Baptism scheduled for the 11th of June with an investigator who we tracted into a few weeks ago. Her name is Devina Castio, she's 18 and has a 1 year old son. We taught her and her brother the Restoration. The lesson was awesome. but she didn't come to church last week. So it might take a Little bit longer. We supposed to teach several referrals this week and will hopefully get some baptism dates from them. The Work continues, But not as rapidly as a we would like.
That's cool that Ryan got to go play some ball with some friends of mine. To bad about his ankle. He's tough.
Time is flying by, and i feel like a just started. So much needs to be done and i only have a year to do it! YIKES!!
Fathers day is coming up, The second since I've been out here. I never seem to recognize how great my parents have been in my life, and for the impact that my mom and dad have made upon me. Thank you so much, can't say it enough. I love you all
Thank you for the many prayers and know that i pray for you as welll
Love Elder Porter
Ps. Thank you so much for the package!

No comments:

Post a Comment