Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lance Letter 6.24.11

HEY HEY!!

This week was a testimony builder, WE GOT OUR BIKES STOLEN!!

I'm so happy you got to meet Brandon. He's such a good kid. As well as his friends who really were the ones’ who brought him into the Gospel. They said they were going to drive through St. George, and I begged them to make a quick pit stop to the Porter home.

But yes, we had our bikes stolen. On Friday morning we parked them real quick outside the Zone Leaders apartment to give them something and just a few minutes later they were gone. We asked everyone and even reported them stolen to the police. We went home later and knelt down and said a sincere prayer. Elder Bludworth had a sweet bike too. President Jackson gave Elder Bludworth and me permission to call home and get some money for new bikes. Elder Bludworth called and got a little BMX bike. I was about to call but I just had this feeling our bikes were going to turn up so I didn’t call; but kept praying throughout the day.

The next morning the Zone Leaders called and said "Do you want your bikes back, because we're looking right at them." We bolted over to their apartment and it turns out the bikes were taken by the neighbors and put in their yard (which looks just like "the sand lot" junk yard). Anyway, they were taken apart with some of the parts still missing. So we called the cops and they came and got our bikes for us… It was a 16 year old kid and his friend who took them. We had asked both of them the day before if they saw our bikes, but they said, ‘nope’. Anyway, we got them back. I'm still missing the back wheel, but they said they'll get me a new one. Oh, and the best part . . .the Spanish Elders are now teaching the family.

I'm telling you prayer works!

Other than that, not too many things have happened. We're trying to work with the Ward more in finding people to teach. It's moving slowly but surely. We have a lot of work to do. We're still on bikes. I've been on a bike my entire mission for which I'm grateful; but it's HOT! 97*+!!!

Everyone sounds great but busy which is good. Ryan got his own bench!!?? He's gonna be huge when I get home! We have a little weight room in our apartment with a bench and such but I have had a hard time using it. I am so weak! Ryan is going to beat me up when I get home. I'm still at like 200lbs but it’s all fat ha, ha. You'd think since I've been on a bike so long I would have at least maintained the same weight. “I say unto you nay,” being on a bike just makes me hungry! Maybe now that it's so hot, I’ll sweat it all off? Yeah, maybe that . . .

Okay, we are working and praying like mad and I know you are too. Thank you!

I love you all!

Love, LANCE

No comments:

Post a Comment