Monday, May 16, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 50

Oh boy. Running late...? Running Crazy is more like it. I'm just on my way right now to cut all of the elders hair. I just finished cutting Hermana Bullocks hair. We will be separating tomorrow and then I'm on my way to pick up my fresh, new, green, amazing missionary. I don't remember if I already told you but I will be training. "Why" you ask? I've asked myself that one too many times this week. I've decided I'm going to start asking myself "why not?" I think I've lived long enough to know that the lord knows exactly what he's doing. Entonces en vez de porque? Voy a empezar diciendo porque no? It will be a sweet experience whatever the challenge will be. I'm excited and looking forward to whatever the lord has in store. Upward and onward! Haha it's been an interesting time watching Hermana Bullock pack up. I don't like it, to keep myself distracted I just started going through the cupboards and throwing everything away that other missionaries have left behind. At the beginning Hermana Bullock wouldn't let me touch a thing but she is now way passed the point of caring about random objects. Poor thing. I feel so bad. She will go kicking and screaming up until they shove her into the plane. She keeps praying for a hurricane to come our way so the airports can shut down and if that doesn't happen, plan B is for the airplane to crash so that she can continue the work on the other side. I'm not even kidding you. She always wants just one more day. I know she'll be fine. It will definitely take some adjusting but she'll be ok. Keep her in your prayers. She is not happy about leaving.
Truly, I'm in the perfect setting here to train a new missionary. Our ward is absolutely solid. We just had dinner over at the bishops house yesterday. Oh my goodness. I love the Baich family. You will have to go up to Salt Lake for conference and meet them. Such amazing people! Obispo Baich made me feel just about 1000 times better about taking over the area. There is no question that there will be miracles this transfer. I might even learn spanish! haha.
Benjamin Reyes was baptized yesterday! Oh my goodness, what a sweet experience that was. His sister gave the talk about Baptism and just cried the whole way through it. I cried! What a tender experience it was to see the look on Hermana Reyes face when Benjamin was Baptized. It took be back to Mykels baptism. I'll never forget the way Lisa and Mykel were looking at eachother right before he went down into the water. Wow. I think my testimony of fasting and pray was solidified that day and it is something that will stay with me all through life.
I'm so glad to hear everything and everyone are doing so well! Please keep me informed on the comings and goings of all. I want each of you to know that your prayers and thoughts are heard and answered. Please dont stop. Continue praying for Lance and I. This is the lords work and we need the strength to do it his way. We need your prayers, Especially with so many changes happening. I love you and look forward to hearing from you soon!
Thank you thank you for the Birthday Present in advance! Oh my goodness I just need things from home, just basic things. Dont go and buy any of this ok. Just dove soap, toothpaste, floss, Lotion, a few extra pairs of socks, maybe a white undershirt from down east (just the ones that I usually get, mine are getting yucky), Hair serum... maybe a fun, cute, summer shirt. Yes, it will get way over 100 degrees here pretty soon and I will be dripping wet! Haha, I would love whatever you send my way. You're the greatest and I will talk to you next week! Pray that all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment