Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 48

HELLO! My goodness! Thank you thank you for all the sweet letters and fun easter gifts that were sent my way (the skirt) That was too sweet and I thank you for your support and encouragement! Grandma, thank you for your handwritten letter. I know that it is hard to try and find time during the day to sit and do that but I loved every word and I'm so glad to hear that you and Grandpa are doing so well.
Its so good to hear from Paige Ashley! Wow, I can't believe that they're off and ready to embark on a new journey. I hope they find joy in ever step. I know they will as they put their trust in the lord and watch as his plan for them unfolds. They have already experienced so many miracles and blessings as a result of their faith in Jesus Christ. It's powerful Isn't it? Thank you thank you one and all for your incredible testimonies and dedication to the lord.
We just witnessed an incredible event yesterday and we watched Damian Villegas (the former Agnostic) go down into the water and come up again a new creature in Jesus Christ. What an incredible moment. The entire baptismal program was wonderful. Hermana Bullock and I sang I know that my Redeemer Lives. I loved watching Damian following his baptism. He couldn't stop smiling. He was so happy. Like a huge weight had been lifted off of him. He just looked light. He looked peacefully happy. It was such a sweet day. I'm so thankful for the faith that he developed over the last month. The faith that led him to change his life, to follow the savior. To put his trust in the plan that he's not all that sure about but he knows that the lord is sure and that is what drives us each day. Knowing that there is someone who knows better. Who knows perfectly.
Afterwards we went over to a family that we've been teaching for some time. They came to Damians Baptism. When we sat down in their living room we talked a little bit about it. We told them how far Damian had come, where he was when we first met him. They asked. "So, how did you convince him to get baptized?" The question kind of took me off guard, because when I think back on it, we didnt do a whole lot. We just showed up for the lesson and from there the spirit took over. I don't recall having too much to do with his conversion. That's what faith does, faith leads one to trust, to believe, to hope that what the prophets testify of and say is in reality truth. When we have all of those things then the spirit whispers and testifies of truth and our faith becomes unshaken and we are able to do those things that are expedient in the savior. It is expedient in the savior that we are baptized. That we enter in by the "way" "And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save" It's right there! Baptism is not the ultimate goal. When we are baptized we make a convenent with our heavenly father that we will take upon ourselves the name of Christ and that we will always remember him. When we have faith in Jesus Christ we have the opportunity to so whatsoever thing is expedient in him. We continue making covenants with him. We continually repent, we get ourselves worthy through the atonement of Jesus Christ and we go to the temple. We sacrifice whatever is impeding us and we follow him. While we were talking to the Lavastidas they were asking us what they must do after baptism. They said so we get baptized and that's it? No, no no no, No. That is not it. There is much more in store. We find all of this out in the temple! I bore my testimony in Sacrament meeting yesterday and just cried haha. I have the hardest time talking about temples and my family without tears swelling up in my eyes. Gratitude over takes me and my emotions let lose. I'm so thankful for the eternal perspective that we get when we visit the house of the lord. That's really the Ultimate goal. The Ultimate goal is eternal families, continual progression, never ending progression! Creation! Love, Pure Unselfish Love! Wow. what wouldn't we give up for that?
I love you all. I'm so thankful for all that you do each day to better your lives. It is why we're here, we're not perfect but we strive to do better each day. To sanctify ourselves through the savior. We can and we must if we want all that he has and want to be all that he is. I love you and cant wait to talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment