Monday, December 13, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 30

My sweet Momma! I did indeed get Paiges video recordings! What a treat! Wow. I watched the thanksgiving one over and over again. Can you believe Lucy?! She is such a doll. Thank you for sending those over Paige Ashley! I have not received your package quite yet but I'm sure it is just sitting at the office. Thank you for whatever you sent. I will be thrilled! How fun and exciting that you will be going to California for the Christmas Holiday. Lucy and Logan will have a Ball. I will admit that I'm a little bit jealous that you'll get to witness the smiles and laughter that they'll express as they ride the rides and talk to the fun Disney characters in the park. What a thrill. Be sure to take lots of pictures and send them our way. It wont be the same as being there but hopefully I'll catch the vision of what it may have been like.
Indeed this Christmas season will be different but I was writing Lance this morning about the feelings that I've experienced in the last little while. I was laying in my bed the other night just thinking about the holiday season without the family and not one feeling of sorrow or sadness or longing was felt, nor has it been felt, and truth be told, I don't think it will be felt. Now, as I thought about that I had to ask myself why? I came up with a couple of theories. One: The entire family wont be there. Lance is doing the exact same thing as me and that brings comfort and joy to my soul. Two: I'm very much at home here. Not because of Texas or any companion but because of the Routine, the morning schedule, the waking up and getting right into studying. Communing with Deity on a very regular basis throughout the day and as of late, 24-7 is would seem (special purposes). This is where its at. The mission life is where its at. Living the higher law. Having an excuse to live the higher law with very little distraction. Its all around a sweet experience. Now it would appear very selfish. And in some ways it is. For I am doing exactly what I want to be doing. This is my time with the lord and doing what he would have me do. I love people with all of my heart and soul and to be out knocking and talking is just an added bonus thrown into the mix. Granted. Nobody has accepted the invitation to be baptized in this area but they will. I know they will. How can you deny the sweet message of the restoration and the miracle of the atonement and what it means for each and every person who will ever live on the earth. Who can deny the power and feelings that come when sincerely reading and pondering the words of Christ? Who can protest the miraculous experiences born by each of the prophets in the book of Mormon, and the bible. Our message is one of hope and healing, Of joy and Love. I will admit, I've been surprised at the many responses directed towards this sweet message but we keep walking and talking in hopes of running into someone, anyone that has been prepared to hear and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. We'll find them. The spirit will guide our steps as we continue taking them and we will strive to consistently study and pray and beg for the companionship of the holy ghost to purify and cleanse our hearts so that we may be worthy of his assistance. We don't get anything accomplished of real value without him. In or out of the apartment. We do have three new investigators and we are excited to see where they will go as they keep their commitments and pray to know for themselves if these things are true. Its all about Action! They've got to move and do! They will:) I'm confident these three will:)
Mom, you asked about how my companion and I are doing. Well, I will say this week is going to be just about 100 times better. That is not exaggerated either. There was nope place to go but up from where we started. I was writing in my journal the other night, pondering on the last week and a half. To be honest, you couldn't pay or offer me enough to relive the beginning of the transfer. However, It was an incredible test of faith and I pray that it was handled in a way that was pleasing to the lord. I know that the he sent help and angels to strengthen me and coach me through each hour. That also isn't an exaggeration. It was an hour by hour process, and I'm happy to be moved onto the next phase. I hope we've moved to the next phase! haha. No truly, there were many things that she had to adjust to from her last area. Especially coming in to an area that has not been quite as on fire as it should be and with a companion that doesn't know every nook and cranny of the ghetto or the Spanish language. Can you imagine if I did!? Wheres the fun in that?! Where would all the joy of learning come in? We're right where we need to be and I'm confident in that response. There is LOTS of room for growth but that is life and i'm happy to be the student, willing and ready to learn all that the lords would allow me at this time.
My time is just about up but I want to wish you each a Merry Christmas and I want to thank you for you sweet Christmas Cards! Rynearsons! Thank you thank you for keeping me in mind this holiday season. You have the most beautiful family and I was so thrilled to receive you cute little news letter. How fun to see all the additions to the crew with two more on the way! Can you believe how fast we grow!? Well, maybe Melanie would like to speed things up a bit with the grand babies but They're on the way! Congratulations! Grandma and Grandpa Hammond! Thank you each for your words of support, comfort, and wisdom. Thank you for the fun little bonus included inside your letter. That was too much but I'm so thankful and delighted to receive it! I love each of you will all of my heart. Thank you for keeping your thoughts and lives in harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ. For that is the only thing that can bring true happiness. Have a sweet time with your families this year and enjoy the feelings that come in celebrating and pondering on Christs Birth and the miracle of his coming to the earth. What perfect love!

No comments:

Post a Comment