Monday, June 21, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 7 {Welcome to Houston}

HOLA HOLA!! I'm here! How is everybody doing?! My word I feel like I haven't heard from anybody in quite some time. ! Pero esta bien! I'm sure everyone is quite busy with their lives, however, I would ask my sweet mother to fill me in on a few things if she has time. How are my grandparents doing? How did Grandpa do on his talk? You may be asking which one because I'm sure that is a more than weekly occurrence, pues that being the case... I want to know about all of them! What about Gentry, Alexis, and Aspen? Ah! They're all getting so old! I'm telling you, time flys!

My first area is called Westgreen 2 in the beautiful city of Katy. I cant tell you how much I love it here. I stepped off the plane loving it and those feelings have only progressed as I've had the opportunity to get to know some of its residents. What amazing people! They don't know it but they truly are.

My Mission President and his wife are the very sweetest. President Hansen is an incredibly inspired man and I found that out the second I met my trainer. Great things will happen here in Katy as the Lord works through both of us to bring to pass his glorious and perfect plan. What a great time to be on the earth! To have front row seats to so many miracles. They may seem like small things to those that don't understand how the spirit works but to me they couldn't be more spectacular and each one has strengthened my testimony of this work and my Savior Jesus Christ.

They first day I arrived, bbefore meeting my trainer Hermana Hansen, I had the opportunity to go tracting with a couple of sisters who are getting ready to go home. They had set up an appointment with a family that has been inactive for years and didn't have a whole lot of desire to return to the church for whatever reason. The sisters told me before we went in that they visit this family occasionally just to see how they are doing. We walked in and they were all sitting in the family room. The mother was holding the most beautiful little baby boy, about Logans age. The dad was holding a little girl about Lucy's age and then sitting in between them was another darling boy about 4 years old. We hadn't spoken a word to each other but this position they were in hit me to the very core and I was overcome with the love Heavenly Father had for this sweet family. We sat down and one of the hermanas started teaching them of the plan of salvation. She had little laminated pictures so of course the kids hopped right up and wanted to come play with the "little people". After one of the sisters was teaching about the celestial kingdom and eternal life there was a lull and I couldn't hold back what I'd been thinking since walking into their family room. I looked at the father and said, Hermano, Look at your beautiful family. Tears started to fill my eyes. I said this is the most beautiful family I have ever seen. I know you love them. Don't you want know that you cant have them beyond this life If you aren't sealed in the temple. I wasn't sure he understood what I was trying to say but he understood enough because he too started to cry and he said Yes, I want them forever. The spirit was so strong and I know it was telling him exactly what Heavenly father wanted him to hear. I started to cry more! I couldn't stop smiling! The heremanas took over again and they made a plan and list of things that could help him get ready to take his family to the temple. What a miracle! I am telling you there is work to be done here! My companion and I walked down to a little strip mall to put pass along cards in the stores and met some of the greatest people. Granted... most of them wanted nothing to do with the gospel. I was warned by one of them that reading the book of Mormon would lead to my destruction and that Jo Smith was possessed by the devil. He told me he would pray for me:) Yes, there is lots of work to be done here. There was a man getting into a van and I ran over and said !Hola Hola Hermano! ?!Como Esta!? I don't know why but my mind went blank and I didn't remember a word of Spanish. I just smiled and started some form of sign language. I was trying to describe the pass along card. He kept laughing at me and I laughed and we just laughed together. It was too great! Haha. He gave me his phone number and address and told me I had a beautiful smile. I'm so happy to be here! What a beautiful place I have been led to. It is beautiful because the people are beautiful. I love all of them! Even those that think I bring destruction. They will see one day how wrong they are. This is the lords work. I love each of you with all of my heart. I truly wish there was a human way of expressing it. Know that you can feel the extent of how true it is if you will kneel down and sincerely ask your father in heaven how he feels about each of you. You will know how I feel about each of you. Thank you for your love and support. Your prayers are truly heard and indeed answered. The gospels true!

How is my wonderful brother doing!? Don't send this to him he wont have time to read it and respond back. I will write him personally in a letter. Love you Love you! I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment