Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lance: Letter 1

Family!!! Whom I love!

Wow, the MTC is so great! There’s nowhere else I’d rather be! Everyone love’s the Gospel here! It makes me feel like I am the worst one here, but that makes me try that much harder. I know my letter is not as powerful as Lindsey’s but I assure you, I love this Gospel at least as much as her. My companion is Elder Joyce, he’s like my twin in personality but a hard worker. I love him; he has helped me so much. If I had any other companion I would be having a different experience. Ha, just joking! Seriously, I have loved every second I’ve been here. I expected it to be way hard, but it’s just been fun and not that hard. Everyone in our district (I think) is jealous of how well Elder Joyce and I get along. The food is great, I’m gonna get so fat – but that’s okay!

Yesterday Elder Joyce and I were pulled aside by our president and he told us that “Heavenly Father wants you to be the new Zone Leaders!” He said it is a huge pain in his rear, but that is what the Lord wants. Anyway, I’m writing two letters that are kind of the same because I’ve been writing at different times.

Elder Ian Gatchell is here and has been so awesome. He gave me a note in a fireside telling me about Mike’s (Sharp) call and I was so happy to hear it! It was nice of him.

Please know that I love you all so much! Thank you Mom for letting me stay in your home for all those years and for feeding me and just loving me! Dad, you have a gift and that gift is charity and I love you so much! Ryan, you are my hero! If I was as good at sports like you at your age, I would have been the future of high school. So that’s gonna be you! Make sure you always remember that you have something almost no one else has . . . .The Gospel. That’s what sets us apart from the world. Never forget ‘who you are’ and ‘who you were meant to be’ . . .a son of God! Please Ryan, be sweet to Mom and Dad . . .but especially to Mom. She gave you life and still gives it today. I love you all!

Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment