Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 4

May 25, 2010

Thank you for all of your sweet letters of encouragement and support. I don't want to sound like a broken record but they are appreciated more than you know. Brenda! Thank you, thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet message to me. I love your family and have been so blessed to have all of you in my life.

How is everyone?! Are you happy?! How could we be anything but happy? We have been given everything! We have Jesus Christ who is everything and only through him is true happiness found. What a blessing to have the gospel in our lives.

Paige! YES! I receive all of your emails and thrill with any picture you can send. I do not have access to your blog; so anything from you over email is greatly appreciated. How is your little family doing? I pray for you daily and want you to know you are my hero; one of the strongest women I know. What are the chances that I ended up in the same family as you. Blessings, blessings, blessings. Most of which I don't deserve but how thankful I am.

Oh what can I say concerning all that I feel. My joy is full here in the MTC. Me encanta este evangelio! I love this work! The work of being better, of leaving our past lives behind and starting anew today! Of helping and inviting others to come unto Christ, the healer of our souls. He loves us! He was perfect; neverthless, he suffered all for us who are so imperfect so that we can be happy in this life, today, right now. So that we can have hope of living with him again. He sees who who we can one day become, who we all are working on becoming. He doesn't care who we were yesterday. What is that quote...? 'God doesn't care nearly as much about where we have been as he does about where we are and where we are willing to go'. Did I already say that in one of my past emails? No matter...We all need to hear it again and again. We can repent right now, become better right now; using the Savior for everything. As our perfect example! As our friend, our support, our rock, as our Savior and Redeemer.

I love you all more than I can say. I don't know that there is a mortal way of expressing it. I suppose the only way of showing it is being here. I am filled with the Savior's love here in the MTC and I'm so excited to shower it upon the people of Houston! Bless you all and thank you again for loving me. Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment