Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 1

I will just start by saying that I have absolutely loved every second of my experience here at the MTC. I love my companeras, I love the little elders walking around, I absolutely love my district! I dont think there is a group of more hilarious boys that just feed and feed off of eachother until I have to put a stop to it because Its too ridiculous. I'm going to walk out of here with a six pack if they continue on this way! (laughing). There honestly is no place on earth like the MTC. I can physically feel the prayers of so many. I dont think I can describe it but there is no other feeling in all the world. So much love is flowing through this place. You can see it in just about every elder and hermana you pass. When I was dropped off last wednesday I knew I was in the right place. There wasnt one person I passed that didnt have a warm greeting to extend. I was so excited right when I stepped up on to that curb into what would be my new home for the next nine weeks and truly that excitement hasnt once left me. What a blessing. I know that it is because of all of the amazing prayers and thoughts. My first of many tender mercies was wednesday night at about 8:00 when we had a large devotional. I wanted so bad to hear every word of the speaker but my eyes were giving out on me. I knew it was a mistake to have woken up so early (4:30 a.m.) but I was so excited to come here that I couldnt sleep another second! (Sorry about that grandma and grandpa) Anyway I remember my head kept falling down and it was everything I could do to prop it up again. It took what I thought was all of my strength just to keep my eyes at a squint! I said a silent heart felt prayer that I would be able to hear the words of the speaker and internalize them. No sooner had I said this when my mind did a complete 180 on the spot and I was completely alert. As if someone had shot me with some type of drug to wake me up! It was a miracle and I knew it. I just want to express my love for all of you and know that this gospel is true and I love every bit of it. I love my savior Jesus Christ more than I can say. I'm so thankful for the love they have for me. I'm so thankful for your prayers and concern. Be safe. I will write to you all later today but I have 30 seconds and counting on this email Ahhh! I'm going to lose it!

No comments:

Post a Comment