Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 3

My sweet family!

Everyone sounds like they're doing amazing! Thank you thank you for your sweet letters of encouragement and excitment for me. I wish I could express to you all the strength and energy they bring to me at just the right moments. Please tell Carlee I have recieved all her emails and am thrilled to hear about Tim! It thrills my soul to hear she is happy and that the family loves him (minus the whole lakers deal. I'm sure Lance and Ry will straighten him out ;) ) Please continue writing me on dear elder. I know I wont get that luxery out in TX but it truly has been so nice to recieve these letters throughout the week and it gives me a bit more time to write you through email.

Where do I start. This week has been an incredibly humbling week for me and I have never been more thankful for the atonement in all my life. I know going out into the field that my knowledge of the saviors great sacrifice will increase as I see others come unto him and through him begin perfecting their lives no matter what they've done. How thankful I am for the knowledge that God doesnt care where you've been but rather where you are and where you are willing to go. I love that! For the chance to repent. To get on your knees and pray for yet again another opportunity to do better, to be better, to become what the lord would have us be. I'm filled with hope and faith that I can become who Christ needs me to be, through the atonement we can all be made not only better but perfect in Christ. God is preparing his elect to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ so like all of us they can know their purpose, Gods purpose for his children. I love that thought. That I'm going out to invite the elect to come unto Christ. I was in a meeting the other day listening to the speaker who had just been released from mission president in mexico. He was telling us about two of his missionaries who were on a crammed bus and could hardly move because there was so little space, they both had a sure prompting from the holy ghost to go speak to a lady that was clear across the bus. They put it off for a second, sure they could not get to her but finally deciding they would heed the promting they made their way to her and began asking her questions. Long story short she said she had gone to many churches but in the end always felt like there was something missing. She told the elders that she loved her bible and she and about fifty others who feel this way gather at her home and discuss the bible. The missionaries were DELIGHTED! The told her boy do we have a message for you! They had their misson president come over that night with them and in a matter of 2 weeks thirty five of them were baptised and ten more a coupld weeks later. Wow what more can I say. The gospels true. The work is going forth. It cannot be stopped. I love being a part of it! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Do you just retype her letter, heather! Once again, you are the sweetest person I know! Did you even get my last comment? I love you!

    ReplyDelete