Monday, July 18, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 57

Hello Hello!
It sounds like everyone is doing wonderful! So good to hear! Mom, will you please tell Lisa thank you thank you for sending me the simple truths forward about staying positive? I loved it and It made my day.
I'm so glad that Ryan had the opportunity to go to EFY. My word, I absolutely loved every summer of my youth because of EFY. One with Heather, one with McCally, one with Britt. Too much fun. Its something that every youth needs to experience at least once.
Momma, what a relief to hear that your heart is feeling better. I knew that everything would be fine. You are loved and watched out for.
I think this week has been the very fastest one on the mission. I truly felt as though I was sitting here in this same spot the day before yesterday, typing out a few words of report and here I am again doing the exact same thing. This better not be a pattern for the next little while or I'll just bawl! I don't know what else to do. The harder we work the faster the time goes and if I choose to ignore it I go to sleep, wake up and realize that its one week later. It is just the most bizarre thing and I will never understand it.
We've experienced quite a few miracles this week. Truly the blessings are pouring down here in the hafer area. We were going through some old investigators in the area book the first week I came to the area of Hafer and pulled 3 from the pile, we decided to stick them in the car and if there ever came an opportunity to go and find them that's what we would do. Well yesterday we were on our way to an appointment that lived out of our area and I wouldn't be able to tell you why other than I just felt like we should do something else with our time.. (the holy ghost) We grabbed our pile of old investigators and realized that we were on the exact street as the first paper on the top. His name is Rafael. We drove into his apartment complex and knocked on his door. I can't describe the feeling that overcame me when he opened his door. It was just sweet. He had a big smile on his face. What a sweet man! We asked if we could speak with him outside. There were already two chairs so he went to grab another one. When he came back he had two plates of Papusas and two glasses of Gatorade. We visited for a min about his experience with the missionaries and then testified that everything they taught was true. We went on to give our own testimonies and committed him to be baptized on the thirteenth of August. He accepted and we walked away feeling humbled and grateful that we are apart of this glorious work. It is GLORIOUS! Even the greatest thing any of us could ever hope of doing. Being in the service of god. Being in tune to the whisperings of the holy ghost. Finding those that are ready to accept the lords gospel and join in building the kingdom of god on the earth. There is no way that my time ends in two months. The lord will continue to put people in my path and I will continue inviting people to come unto Christ. It is our job as members of his church to find those that are ready. That is our responsibility. Keep your eyes open. There are hundreds of thousands around you that have been prepared. Start opening your mouths. Talk about family home evening, talk about mutual and youth conference, Ryan, talk about EFY. People will get curious and start asking questions. You don't need to come right out and invite people to church but give them a reason for why you're so happy all the time, why you're so confident in your future, why you're so confident in your kids future. I don't know? Just pray. Pray for the opportunities and then take them when they come. This is not your work, it is the lords and he will take care of it. He will give you the ideas and the words. Just open your mouth and he'll take over from there.
I love you dear family. I love you for all that you do and have done and will continue to do throughout your lives because of your love for the Lord and his work. Stay strong. Read your scriptures, say your prayers, and go to church. Lift those around you and you will be happy. Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment