Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 56

Hello hello!
I just wrote a letter to you and so I feel like I would be repeating myself here in the email if I wrote it all over again. First of all. My sweet momma. Your little heart is going to be just fine because guess what? I have those heart problems too! Surprise surprise. It is a little scary but I feel and have felt for a long time that the lord is not finished with me and he still has a few people I need to talk to here on the earth. My children being a part of the group.... Speaking of my children and the necessities of their lives. They will indeed need their grandmother to love them and spoil them as they sneak out of the house for fear that their impatient mother will continue spanking them. Are you excited for little slumber parties with you future grand kids?! Even the cutest grand kids you've ever seen. I know Lucy and Logan are pretty dang cute but you've forgotten how good looking mine are. The veil gets a little thick in that area. Don't worry, it will all come back to you as they come down one by one. I will pray my little heart out that you feel comforted and that you won't worry for a second about this little health issue you're having. The lords got it taken care of my sweet mother.
I don't know that I wrote a whole lot about my area in my letter. The area I am currently serving in now is called Hafer. The address will be on the letter that I just sent. I love it here! We are seeing success left and right. Miracle after miracle. We knocked on a door across the street of our appointment that "cancelled" and to our pleasant surprise found a man on the other side grinning from ear to ear and filled with the light of Christ. What a special person. We had a sweet conversation about the gospel on the door step and set up an appointment to come back this Saturday. His name is Fransisco Lopez. He'll come to church with us on Sunday and feel the power of the spirit and he'll then ask us where the font is... We'll fill it right up, grab one of the men that hold the aaronic priesthood and down into the water they'll go! That is what is going to happen. I'll write you next week and let you know how it went;) If all doesn't go as planned, we'll at least give him a book of Mormon and he will read it and have heaven sent questions for us and we will have heaven sent answers and all will be edified and it will be a sweet experience.
We had 4 investigators come to church last week, 3 of which have baptismal dates. A few health issues seem to be getting in the way of a couple of them but with the lord all things are possible. Our frail bodies, aren't they funny?
Honestly everything is going great! My companion and I could not be getting along better. We're both just happy and enjoying every second of the work and each other. Honestly, Hermana Casaday is one of the most pleasant people to be around. We just laugh and laugh and laugh. She is so funny! The lord has blessed me with the greatest companions while on the mission.
I wrote you an entire page about the new President and his family in the letter that I sent yesterday. I don't think I will repeat everything I wrote but know that we're just excited to have him. Even thrilled! He's incredible and excited as ever to be here.
Carlee! How exciting that you and Tim are going to be in Provo for the next three years! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both and know that there are amazing things to come. How fun that you'll be dirt poor through law school. Isn't that exciting?! Maybe I'll come and live with you:) That might be awkward.... I know you're still in the newly married stage and may be for quite some time. I may have to rethink that thought.
I'm glad to hear that Ryan had such a wonderful birthday! Tell him to be extra careful. Did he get my card?
I love you all! The gospel is true. Its true its true its true. You're all so wonderful and I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment