Monday, April 4, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 45

Hello Hello! It sounds like a lot is going on. Paige coming home, Janine getting married, conference just getting over, you just arrived home from New York, Tanner and Michael getting married. Ha just kidding but maybe....? Wow, what an amazing Conference we just experienced. Every word was inspired and of course, like most of you, I felt as though each talk was directed towards me.
We had the opportunity to attend Ericka Murillo's baptism on Sunday. We found and taught her but decided that she would probably be more comfortable attending the English ward. What a sweet experience that was. I know that the lord has great things in store for those that love him and keep his commandments. Ericka is one of those people. How blessed we are to have the opportunity to make covenants, promises with our Heavenly Father that we will do what he asks of us and in return we are blessed far more in abundance than anything we could ever imagine. That is where our Faith and trust comes in. We must walk with confidence that the lord does fulfill his promises to his children. That he loves us. He desires our success and happiness in life and he plans accordingly but if we don't keep our end of the bargain how can he keep his? I'm so thankful for the simple terms that he sets. That we will keep his commandments and remember our Savior Jesus Christ. Though simple, it is not always easy. How thankful we are for the atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. For the surety that we indeed can be made clean, we can become unspotted from the world and do better each day through his great sacrifice. I'm thankful that we get to renew our baptismal covenants each week when we partake of the sacrament. I'm thankful for the blessing of being able to have the eternal perspective continually before us as we enter the house of the lord and do that sacred work for those that are not able to do it for themselves. We are a blessed people.
We have a few baptismal dates coming up here soon and we pray that they can hold strong and keep their commitments through this time when Satan will be working his hardest on them. He's something else ya know? We are working hard and in fact have decided to cut our pdays down and focus a bit more on the work of the lord. Instead of setting our appointments for 6:00 we will now start them at 4:00. So far it has worked great and I wont be surprised if we decide to move it up earlier than that.
How fun that Paige will be coming home Tomorrow! Will you please tell her that I love her and miss her and would absolutely love to hear from her! I know that may not sound to fun considering that I have not been the best writer in her direction but I would love to know how she's feeling, what she's thinking about, life, being a mom, Michigan. I really do miss her and want her to know that she's my hero.
Mom and Dad, I'm so glad to hear that you had such a fun time in New York! You'll have to write me and tell me a little more about it. What a sweet experience to be with the sweet missionaries on the plane! I can completely relate to that feeling of wanting to be out of the MTC and into the field. However, I truly to love every second of the MTC and am looking forward to volunteering there when the time comes.
I'm sending home a package with my letters, pictures, and journal inside. I didn't know where to put it all! If you want to just stick it the guest house that would be so wonderful! I love each of you with all of my heart and want you to know that I'm doing extremely well. I'm so blessed to be out here, partaking of the greatest work in all of the world. What a blessing to continue it in every form throughout life. Have an amazing week and I hope to hear from you soon!
Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment