Monday, April 25, 2011

Lindsey: Letter 47

Hello hello! Listen to how funny this is... After going weeks without mail I came home a few nights ago and imagine my surprise to find three beautiful envelopes with return addresses from Heather my best friend, Lance (also my best friend and brother) and my sweet Parents. My goodness, they could not have come at a better time. Thank you thank you for listening to the promptings of the holy ghost and taking the time to sit and write what is going on in your lives and a few words of encouragement. No one will know how sweet it is to get a letter from family until they serve a mission. Well, that may or may not be true but it is how I feel. I love you all and I'm so thrilled to hear that everything is going well and even great in your lives!
Ryan, my baby brother is not a baby any more! I couldn't believe who I was listening to! You're a teenager! Not quite a man but certainly on your way! That honestly is a scary thought to me. I'm certain my mouth was open thee entire time that I was listening to your voice. I know that change is certain, we've heard that time and time again from our wonderful prophet but as you're growing up, make sure that you're growing up in a way that would be pleasing to your Heavenly Father. Don't do anything that would disappoint him. Always keep in mind who you really are and what that means. What your example means to those that you spend your time around. Don't use sloppy and silly words that will later on become a burden to get rid of. Make sure that your speech matches who you are as a son of god with divine potential Even though you are spending time with girls I hope you are careful to remind them who they are and what they're worth through the way that your treat them. It is difficult to really come to know yourself in High school, especially when mixed signals are being thrown at you right and left from every direction. You be the one to step up and lead. Be the one to build and inspire, do fun activities that are uplifting and edifying. Go on hikes in groups, go play at the lake, get a group together and go do baptisms for the dead and then have a little devotional after. There are a million things that you can to besides "hanging out" Oh yikes. Don't hang out! Go do something productive. Go make some fun memories and help people figure out who they are and what they're worth! That is your assignment ok. I'm committing you right now. Take the lead on this. Will you find a group of good kids, get together on the weekend and have a council about how your can help other people get involved. Those that normally wouldn't be so quick to invite themselves. You invite them. Reach out. I know you can. Heavenly Father didn't bless you with all the gifts you have for no reason, or to be used in a later time. Use them now! Council with the lord and he will enlighten your mind with good ideas and fun activities. You'll know that it is from the lord if you're excited about it and you're thoughts start to build on each other. That is the power of revelation.
Mom, I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible experience with baby Logan! You poor thing. Of course you would find him though. He was never really lost. He just kinda wandered away for a bit. How your soul must have rejoiced when dad came walking up with that little baby in his arms, a little dirty but with a great big grin on his face. Yes, I can imagine you breaking into sobs of relief and joy to have him back into your presence. How rewarding this work is. Every second of it. We are the lords servants. We're looking for his lost sheep and I'm telling you it's not always an easy task. But every step is worth it. because it brings us that much closer to the one. So many emotions involved. So many feelings. But the lord is with us. He loves his children with his whole heart and soul and he is pleading for us to get it together so that we can have his spirit to be with us. He knows where is lost sheep are and if we're not in tune how can we ever help him? How can we ever make it back without his spirit guiding us. We can't. How can we make it back if we don't do exactly what he asks of us? Why does he require it? Why does he ask it? Because he knows! He already knows what sin and transgression lead to. He knows what living "of" the world results in. Why do we ask questions? Why do we feel like we know better? Isn't his word enough? It is! It doesn't matter that we don't know the in's and out's of it all. We just put our trust in him and say ok. I'm done doing what "I" want to do. I want to do what "you" want me to do. We say that because it is the smartest thing to do. It is the only thing to do if we want what he has, and what he has is everything. Oh I love you all. I just get a little frustrated at times when I feel like we've found the one and they end up not being "ready" to comply, not ready to receive the greatest rewards that come only from righteous living and saving ordinances at baptism and in the temple. Thank you for doing all that you can to have his spirit in your lives. Even if all we can isn't all that great. That's all he asks of us. Just do your best and follow me. Clearly, we're going to get a little dirty along the way but that is what the atonement is for. That's why the Savior went before us. He knows whats coming up. He knows just the formula to get certain stains out. To get every stain out. Pen, oil, grease, chocolate, whatever. Pick your flavor. There is nothing too dirty that cannot be made perfectly white through the saviors atonement. I love you each of you with everything that I am and praise and honor your name. Have an amazing week and I will talk to you next monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment