Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lance Letter 4.5.11

Dear Family!
Holy smokes it's been a busy week. I had a lot of meetings to go to, we had a goal to contact 100 people to attend general conference and the weather was 90 degrees. So one week it was a down pour and the next ...90*. But we were able to preach the gospel. In fact we were standing out side of the library last week and there were about 20 or 30 people all waiting for the library to open, and I received the courage and asked for everyones' attention...they all turned and looked....it was pretty scary, but I invited every single one to hear the words of a living prophet on the following Saturday....and not one showed up haha.... but I felt great and am more bold when I invite people to make and keep commitments. The gospels true so why not be bold!
Today one Mirsha Sanchez's (investigator) Daughter (Keeane) committed to be baptized on the 23rd and we''ll be working towards that this month.
Elder Bruderer is from Massachusets, Close to Boston. Mathuen? I think. Anyways he's great. His family are converts to the church except his dad.
Ryan, The Jersey is at the Stevenson home. Nate had it before I left. so ask his mom or dad, they'll find it i'm sure.
I'll be able to call you on Mothers Day which is not too far away.
My favorite talk...hmmmm....Thats a good question. I liked Cristophersons,Hollands,Packers Etc etc... I loved them all.
Like I said the weather is super warm now. but nothing compared to St. George's blazing heat; but it's warmer with the shirt and tie!
Everyone is real nice here and the work seems to continue despite our imperfections.
I'll pray for Bryce and wish him luck.
We're really focusing on the Atonement this month as a mission and i enjoyed the talk that was given by Bruce R. McConkie in the Ensign.
It's true!
Love you all and will keep each one of you in my prayers.
Love Elder Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment