Monday, September 20, 2010

Lindsey: Letter 19

My sweet mother. I wish so much that I had time to read this email and respond back in the time given but I will print this off at the mission office later today and hopefully get a chance to sit down and write you. I did try and skim through it and you're last paragraph about your experience in the temple caught my eye. As I read it tears of gratitude and love for my heavenly father and his awareness of each of his children flowed freely. I too had that same experience in my last visit to the house of the lord. That week in particular had been a rough one and I was fighting with feelings of weather or not I was worthy to be out here, worthy to be his servant at this time. I had prayed and prayed to my father in heaven with all my energy during the week, pleading for the peace and comfort that I had been lacking. The assurance that I was worthy of his spirit. Of his guidance and love. As I sat in the chapel waiting for the session to start I too felt that overwhelming sense of peace and comfort. I felt enveloped in the warm assurance that I was indeed worthy to be here. A feeling of love came over me beyond what the human tongue can express. How thankful I am for the power of prayer. For the power of Love. That was the power that brought about Jesus Christ' perfect atonement. That is why prayers are answered. It is why we are forgiven. It is why we are given commandments. It is why we make sacred covenants with the lord. He loves us beyond anything we are able to comprehend and he wants us to succeed. to find the greatest peace and happiness that only can be obtained through our lord and savior Jesus Christ. Love conquers all. Thank you my sweet mother for you pure testimony and your faith. You're going straight to the celestial kingdom and I pray and hope that I can live in a way that may permit my presence with you there. Please continue praying for me. I love you with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment