Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lance Letter 12.5 11

Dear family, (12/5)
This week went by pretty fast. It's good to hear that Grandpa and Grandma still touch the lives of all who they come in contact with. I wish I was there to hear them.
I wasn't able to watch the Christmas Devotional; even though we were encouraged to. We spent the evening passing out hot chocolate at the Creche (collection of Nativities). There were a lot of people there; members, less- actives and non- members. It was cool! It had changed a little bit from last year, but it was still amazing. I saw a lot of people from Cupertino and even some from Gilroy. It was good to see them. This Thursday Marina Armstrong will be getting baptized at 7:00 pm. It will be great! On the 17th of Dec. Linda, Dominick, and Mathias all should be baptized so we are looking forward to that.
I was glad to hear that someone was baptized and received the Holy Ghost in the YSA ward. It's the greatest when someone enters into that covenant with our Heavenly Father and is blessed to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost in their lives. Every time I invite someone to be baptized, I always make sure I emphasize the importance of receiving the Holy Ghost in their life and I bear my testimony about the influence He's had in mine. What a blessing it is to have the Spirit of the Lord in our lives; to give us direction and clarity of mind and heart. When we feel the presence of the Holy Ghost in our lives, we can have confidence that the Atonement (the cure for sin) is taking affect. So let us strive to do things which invite the Spirit so that we can gain access to the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ. I love you all. I pray for you constantly. Thank you for your love support and prayers.
I just sent another letter so I hope you get it sooner this time.
Love,
Elder Lance Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment