Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1.9.12

Dear Family,
This week was one of the longest weeks I've had in my life! We are now
covering two wards. We are 'white-washing' the Menlo Park Ward so we are
trying to figure out a regular system to work in both wards and spend
equal time in each. There is so much work to do and I LOVE IT!!!
I'm now serving in the area I've been dreaming to be in my whole
mission. EPA (East Palo Alto).
We have the nicest house in the mission and a full time car. We live
on the church grounds just in the back parking lot of the stake center.
President called yesterday and told me this will most likely be my
last area - which I'm fine with.
We have a Baptismal date with Eduardo Farias in the Menlo Park Ward,
which we're excited for; but he's going to Mexico for like a month so
we'll see how he feels when he gets back.
We don't know a ton of people so this next week we will be focused
on meeting everbody. We bore our testimonies yesterday in church and
hope that was positive
for the ward. We are replacing our former Zone Leaders who were
excellent missionaries; big shoes to fill! I''ll let you know how
everything goes.
Mom I didn't write a journal letter this week but I think I'll try to
sum it up and send a little letter today. Too bad Ryan has a nasty cold. I
have actually had one since Wednesday. Still not going away.
It's good to hear about school starting for everyone. I'm frankly not super
excited about it but I have 6 months left so no worries. . . . . .
....Welp, I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well and keeping strong.
We are being so very blessed and I'm thankful to a loving Father in
Heaven who is merciful and shows so much patience with us. I love
the Gospel. I know it's true.

Love, Lanc

No comments:

Post a Comment